Teams are assigned based on player level and availability, over a range of grades and competitions.
Teams are responsible for:
- Organising supper for Home games.
- Share scoring and refereeing duties with the Visiting team.
- Ensuring visiting players have paid their pennant fee of $19 at the MUS front desk (located near front entrance opposite the ‘Lazer Room’).
- If the pennant fee is not paid and the visiting team have left, the team must:
- PAY the remaining funds in FULL at the MUS front desk.
- Obtain a receipt of payment, and note which player didn’t pay.
- Re-collect fees from the Visiting team.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have issues contacting the visiting team.
The team which initiates the forfeit MUST pay the pennant fee.
For player forfeits:
- If Melbourne University (MU) cannot field a 4th player, then the MU team must cover the pennant fee ($19) for Home or Away games.
- If the Visiting team cannot field a 4th player, then the visiting team must cover the pennant fee ($19).
Note: If a player is playing twice (for Away games), then the team must cover BOTH pennant fees.
For TEAM forfeits:
The team forfeit fee is charged to whichever team initiates the forfeit (same principles as above).
- Open/State = $152
- Womens = $114
- Court bookings
- Administrative fees
- Home and away fees paid by the clubs and players.
Players are responsible for:
- Checking the SquashMatrix for the team draw.
- Fielding a team each week.
- Players should advise of change in their availability.
- Ensure they arrive on time (7pm or 7:30pm start) for a pennant night. Or let your team know if you’re going to be late beforehand.
- Ensure relevant fees are paid:
- Melbourne University Squash Club Membership (see our Club Membership page).
- Squash Victoria pennant fee.
- Knowing the squash rules (link here to current squash rules) and attending Squash Victoria Referee lectures as required.
Team captains act as the team contact for the Club and Visiting teams. Captains may also manage a team roster to allow easier scheduling of players and keeping track of the Draw.
Roster template available here.
Captains are also encourage to enter results for the team on the SquashMatrix, and ensure they have access to the SquashMatrix.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org